Sunday 16 August 2015

I slept with my friends boyfriend, will God forgive me?

Dear DivineDivas,

Ok, let me be very open for the first time on this platform. First of, I betrayed my best friend about 8 years ago. I had sex with her boyfriend. I was 20years at the time, she used to tell me she and the guy were fighting about one thing or the other, so I should come in and talk to him. I actually had the intent of helping their relationship, but things got out of hand because I and the guy started getting close. the guy disvirgined me and days after started calling me names and all that. We made up again and he had sex wit me again. Then I noticed he always fight with me after getting what he wants. And when he needs me again, he ll be all smiles and nice. So I decided to end it. I couldn't confess to my friend.I think a year later, he claimed he has become born again and so he was going to confess to my friend. So I told him I had to be present. We got there, he did all the talking, put the blame on me, that I seduced him, and so, my friendship was broken. My friend called me the next day to come and tell her my part of the story, I did and we greeted each other from a distance. I didn't know how to pacify her, our third friend came in and settled the issue, but we aren't close again. We tried to mend it after nysc,but this guy went bad mouthing me again. Less I forget, I prayed and prayed for God to forgive me and with His help I was able to forgive myself.

*************************************************
This truly is a heart breaking event. It's okay for you to feel bad but not enough reason for you to send yourself on a guilt trip! I can feel the pain you are in and the sorrow you feel over what you have done. Pre-marital sex m the other hand is another issue entirely but since you're in Christ now, i'm sure you know better.
It's normal for your friend to set a boundary based on what you did but it doesn't mean she hates you or she hasn't forgiven you but you need to FORGIVE yourself. We ALL have things we have done which we regret. If you say you don’t, I say you haven’t reflected deeply enough on your life (or you are not yet an adult). We need to forgive ourselves for those things—and yes, we need to forgive those who have wronged us, too.
Ultimately forgiveness isn’t really about the other person. Forgiveness is about you. Forgiving frees youto be happier (without the baggage of regrets) and it frees you to create what you desire (without sabotaging your creations by feeling less than deserving).
 When God forgives us, He remembers our sins no more ....
"And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more (Jeremiah 31:34 KJV)
This does not mean that the all-knowing God forgets because He forgives us. Rather, He chooses not to bring up our sin to Himself or others. When our former sins come to mind, we can choose to dwell upon them, or we can choose to fill our minds with thoughts of the awesome God who forgave us and thank and praise Him for it.
  Chin Up Beautiful...There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. Romans 8:1


Loads of Love...
Oye(DivineDiva)

No comments:

Post a Comment