Sunday 16 August 2015

He Raped Me...Can i Forgive & Forget?

Dear Oye,

I'm kinda struggling to forgive a good friend of mine ( we not really good friends anymore sha) who raped me two years ago. I was a virgin and he knew I was waiting till marriage. I know I should forgive him but every time I remember that day, I always get mad at him and myself. I get upset with myself because something told me to leave his house that day but I didn't listen.
I told him no & he said he thought my know meant yes..
**************************************************

Its not normal that you have the bitterness in you but now is the time to get it out of you...i'm sure this experience is tainting other areas of your life...but dear it is impossible to inhale new air until you exhale the old according to TD Jakes.

He killed your trust...first thing first congratulations that you shared this because your healing process has started....you first of all need to decide that you're ready to forgive.
It is hard to do but you have to forgive ...pray for him tomorrow in church and tell God that you desire to let go of the past...tell God you no longer want to dress an old wound...
FORGIVE & FORGET...Something i learnt from @bishopjakes about forgetting is ...forgetting isn't a MEMORY LAPSE its a MEMORY RELEASE...you will remain chained to that past until you decide enough is enough...thank God for the experience......Read philippians 3:13-15

Ask God to take out every unforgivesess in your heart...
I know a lot can relate to this....are you willing to forgive or you'll rather stay blaming the guy that raped you?
Life is too short to die a bitter person....DivineDivas forgive & they forget.

Love,
Oye (DivineDiva)

No comments:

Post a Comment