Tuesday 9 June 2015

I'm Afraid of Dating....👀

Is it wrong that as a Christian single girl i am suddenly afraid of dating?
I know i've had a taste of emotional abuse and been in a couple of unhealthy relationships but can this be the reason behind my sudden fear of Dating.

 Two years ago, i repressed my desire for dating and relationships with the opposite sex and decided to Focus more on myself & Jesus. I'm still waiting but lately I've been feeling like i'm good to go except for the fear of failing, making mistakes or not meeting my ideal Godly guy.
  This is not me being negative so don't even try judging me. The truth is the world of dating can be very hard to navigate for Christians. Dating to me before was a feel-good, romantic, emotionally-driven, sexual experience. The foundation of my previous relationships was based on pleasure & passion thereby embracing lust but my orientation now is different & it appears to be more difficult than Normal.
  I know that  God never intends for myself & other Christian singles to live in fear, but rather in faith. His word reminds us that Perfect love casts out fear so as Children of God we have been given all the wisdom we need to live by faith!
 Well? I've decided  it's time to stop freaking out about dating and see it as an opportunity for growth, insight, and right relationships. 
I've finally come to terms with the reality that dating is not the enemy but instead my fears and insecurities.
 I've decided to relax a little, and trust God to lead me into the right relationship one step at a time.
  If we are following God's leading, waiting for His peace, and trusting the internal wisdom He's given us-one step at a time will always lead us into the right direction or guide us out of the wrong direction. We don't even have any business with knowing if they're "the one" as long as we're in tune with the prince of peace.
Do not compromise your relationship with God , engage in relationships that are mutually edifying, encouraging & uplifting. When you eventually meet "the one" make sure you see dating as Just another means to Glorify God.

(Make sure you share with a friend)

Love,
Oye (DivineDiva




3 comments:

  1. Hmmm...may be a i quiet understand your fears, cos for a long time i battled with something like this...well my present relationship might not be going the way the bible wants it to, but lemme say if you date someone that is tuned to God,i guess you guys will be on the same page on a lotta issues and all you dn't want to do, you wn't do and he ll cherish your relationship with your God
    First time here and i love it already
    Jibbyks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ajibike for reading & taking our time to comment. I would like to know how you're coping in your present state. It is such a big deal & a major challenge

      Delete
  2. Yeah true I battled with this for a while. Still praying for God's direction and I want to be patient to get God's best

    ReplyDelete